By Peter Webb
Read or Download A Course in Finite Group Representation Theory (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics) PDF
Best group theory books
2004 marks the one centesimal anniversary of the 1st description of the autoimmune illness paroxysmal chilly hemoglobinuria, a unprecedented hemolytic ailment, via Julius Donath and Karl Landsteiner. After a century of study, the record of autoimmune ailments has turn into amazing. With a incidence of roughly five% of the world-wide inhabitants, those power, debilitating stipulations have an effect on virtually each significant organ of the physique and, for purposes that stay doubtful, are even more everyday in girl than in males.
This booklet is situated round larger algebraic buildings stemming from the paintings of Murray Gerstenhaber and Jim Stasheff which are now ubiquitous in quite a few components of arithmetic— resembling algebra, algebraic topology, differential geometry, algebraic geometry, mathematical physics— and in theoretical physics resembling quantum box idea and string thought.
Questions on modular illustration idea of finite teams can usually be decreased to simple abelian subgroups. this is often the 1st booklet to provide an in depth examine of the illustration concept of hassle-free abelian teams, bringing jointly details from many papers and journals, in addition to unpublished examine.
Illustration concept of Symmetric teams is the main up to date summary algebra ebook as regards to symmetric teams and illustration concept. using new learn and effects, this e-book should be studied from a combinatorial, algorithmic or algebraic perspective. This publication is a superb method of introducing today’s scholars to illustration idea of the symmetric teams, particularly classical concept.
- The Arnold-Gelfand Mathematical Seminars
- Profinite Groups: 40 (Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete. 3. Folge / A Series of Modern Surveys in Mathematics)
- Combinatorial Group Theory: A Topological Approach (London Mathematical Society Student Texts)
- Lie Groups, Lie Algebras, and Representations: An Elementary Introduction (Graduate Texts in Mathematics)
- Descriptive Topology and Functional Analysis: In Honour of Jerzy Kakol’s 60th Birthday (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics)
- Lie Groups: Structure, Actions, and Representations: In Honor of Joseph A. Wolf on the Occasion of his 75th Birthday: 306 (Progress in Mathematics)
Additional resources for A Course in Finite Group Representation Theory (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics)
A Course in Finite Group Representation Theory (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics) by Peter Webb
Categories: Group Theory